Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bj...@accenture.com on 2006/12/01 14:53:54 UTC

Release a project

What I'm trying to do is the following:

I want to checkout the most recent version of my project from Subversion.  When that's done, I want to create a build from this version and after that, tag those two.  This way, we have a version in Subversion from our project and a build, created from that version, both with the same tag.

Is this even possible in Maven2?  What I'm doing now is scm:bootstrap, which checks out the most recent version from Subversion, then build the whole thing and then tag the whole thing.  Everything from command line.  I don't know if this is possible with Maven, all-in-one-command.

I already read something about maven-release-plugin, but it has poor documentation and it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

If my explanation isn't clearly enough, please ask for more text.

Sincerely

Björn De Bakker

RE: Release a project

Posted by "Grosskop, Kay" <Ka...@ordina.nl>.
why can't you just call
mvn scm:checkout release:prepare
As one statement?
You must have a really active scm-repository or a very long build if you are concerned about intermediat commits.
Since you will do a checkout of the latest revision just before you build.
Or didn't I understand you well?

Kay

________________________________

Posted by "Grosskop, Kay" <Ka...@ordina.nl>.
Hi Bj�rn,

-----------------------------

Re: Release a project

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
if you checkout, build, and tag.  Your tag may have not teh same file in
your orignal checkout.

the release plugin does:

   - build  <-- precaution thinging
   - tag