Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> on 2000/09/25 23:24:17 UTC

Re: re directorygenerator on latest cvs build (25-09-00)@3

> > > Can you explain your problems? I usually compile Tomcat-4.0 with
> 'build
> > > dist', put all jars from [cocoon2]/lib (except ant and stylebook I
> > > think) into dist/tomcat-4.0/lib and put the cocoon.war file into
> > > dist/tomcat-4.0/webapps (I remember having expanded the cocoon.war
> > > manualy into a cocoon directory)
> >
> > Please, stop doing this.
> >
> > The Catalina ./lib directory _MUST_ remain clean... you should not put
> > the C2 libraries there...otherwise how can we have feedback on Servlet
> > 2.2 application behavior?
> >
> > The "right way" of installing C2 on catalina should be
> >
> > ./build.sh -Dinstall.war=../build/tomcat-4.0/webapps
> > -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes install

> Yes, I know how it should be, but at the moment it seems not to run that
> way (almost not for me) because of a ClassLoader problem in catalina.
> Have you got it running?

> javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet or a class it depends on
>         at

I had this error too, and what I've understand so far is that you SHOULD
not have your servlet available in your system classpath.
Didn'tunderstand why but I soon I removed the my 'classes' dir from
System classpath, it worked fine.

Hope this help,

All the best,

Sebastien

[C2] CL issues was : [Re: re directorygenerator on latest cvs build (25-09-00)@3]

Posted by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com>.

On 9/25/00, 11:37:23 PM, Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch> wrote regarding
Re: re directorygenerator on latest cvs build (25-09-00)@3:

> > > 'build

> > > Yes, I know how it should be, but at the moment it seems not to run that
> > > way (almost not for me) because of a ClassLoader problem in catalina.
> > > Have you got it running?
> >
> > > javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
> > > org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet or a class it depends on
> > >         at
> >
> > I had this error too, and what I've understand so far is that you SHOULD
> > not have your servlet available in your system classpath.
> > Didn'tunderstand why but I soon I removed the my 'classes' dir from
> > System classpath, it worked fine.

> I get the error above only when running tomcat-4.0 out of the ../dist
> directory (made with './build.sh dist'). When I run it out of the
> ../build directory I got a java.lang.LinkageError with class
> org.xml.sax.Attributes and I have no CLASSPATH set at all (and also
> noting in my ext dir :).

I remember now that I got the same error 'ServletException: wrapper
cannot find servlet class ...' and solved it by placing the servlet.jar
(the one provided by Catalina, in lib dir) into the system classpath AND
by removing the servlet.jar (or servlet_2_2.jar) from the web-inf/lib
directory... In fact I should have reported the error to the list ASAP so
we would have had a trace of this. My bad !

Sorry, I hope this helps.

Sebastien