Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rich Cariens <ri...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/22 16:54:44 UTC

SSD experience

Ahoy ahoy!

Does anyone have any experiences or stories they can share with the list
about how SSDs impacted search performance for better or worse?

I found a Lucene SSD performance benchmark
doc<http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/SSD_performance?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=combined-disk-ssd.pdf>but
the wiki engine is refusing to let me view the attachment (I get "You
are not allowed to do AttachFile on this page.").

Thanks in advance!

Re: SSD experience

Posted by Rich Cariens <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks folks!

Re: SSD experience

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: SSD experience

Posted by Daniel Skiles <da...@docfinity.com>.

Re: SSD experience

Posted by Peter Sturge <pe...@gmail.com>.
Ah yes, the beautiful new links in Windows 6. These are 'symlinks' in
name only - they operate *very* differently from LUNIX symlinks, and
sadly, not quite so well. NTFS is one of the best things about
Windows, but it's architecture is not well suited to 'on-the-fly'
redirection, as there are many items 'in the chain' to cater for at
various points - e.g. driver stack, sid context, SACL/DACLs, DFS,
auditing etc.This makes links on NTFS much more difficult to manage
and it is common to encounter all manner of strange behaviour when
using them.

Re: SSD experience

Posted by Sanne Grinovero <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: SSD experience