Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Urvashi Gadi <ug...@emory.edu> on 2006/01/06 21:31:17 UTC

Re: Deprecated warning messages inorg.apache.lucene.document.Field

okay...so what are alternative methods i should use? Where can i get
the information?

Best,
Urvashi

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: okay...so what are alternative methods i should use? Where can i get
: the information?

If you are using code compiled from the trunk of the subversion
repository, you should consult the javadocs built from the trunk of the
subversion repository.  if you are using a jar build from the old CVS
repository, then you should consult the javadocs built from the old CVS
repository. ... in either case, just run "ant javadocs".

If you don't have the source your code was compiled from, then there's
really know way to know -- but there's no harm in useing those deprecated
methods, just be aware that if/when you upgrade to a newer version of
lucene, they may not be arround anymore.

-Hoss