Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 14:40:52 UTC

Some questions about the changes in version 0.8

Hello,

I tried to create a new entity (a kafka topic) using the new option in the
Search pane and it shows an error "Something went wrong". Is this already
reported ?

Looking at the request it seems to be an error 500, I tried to reproduce it
with
the JSON and curl but I got always an error, is there any document available
about the API v2 what's improved in particular?

And finally, I noticed that there are new clients for each endpoint in the
atlas-client codebase, is the traditional AtlasClient going to be changed so
that it uses all the new endpoints before the 0.8 release ?

Thanks,
Ismaël Mejía

Re: Some questions about the changes in version 0.8

Posted by Keval Bhatt <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ismael,

Create entity from UI was working, due to Regression it started failing.
since this commit. (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-atlas/commit/d8c2a10e080eb79ba23f646270313089b2afdfda
)

Community is working for PUT and POST Entity V2 API changes once that is
done then we will be able to create and edit entity using UI.

Thanks,
Keval Bhatt.

*From:*

*Keval P. Bhatt*

*Mumbai*

Re: Some questions about the changes in version 0.8

Posted by Apoorv Naik <an...@hortonworks.com>.
I think consolidating the V2 clients into one makes more sense so that the migration path becomes easier and the rewrite is relatively easier.

+1 on creating a migration guide/doc.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Apoorv Naik <an...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ismael

Posted by David Radley <da...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,
I agree - there should be one endpoint Ismaël - this was one of the review
points for the new V2 quickstart. I think we need to update the
documentation to add in the details of the version 2 API itself (currently
the documentation generated by the build has an invalid url),
      Thanks ,  David.

From:   Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>
To:     dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org
Date:   08/02/2017 14:41
Subject:        Some questions about the changes in version 0.8

Hello,

I tried to create a new entity (a kafka topic) using the new option in the
Search pane and it shows an error "Something went wrong". Is this already
reported ?

Looking at the request it seems to be an error 500, I tried to reproduce
it
with
the JSON and curl but I got always an error, is there any document
available
about the API v2 what's improved in particular?

And finally, I noticed that there are new clients for each endpoint in the
atlas-client codebase, is the traditional AtlasClient going to be changed
so
that it uses all the new endpoints before the 0.8 release ?

Thanks,
Ismaël Mejía

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.