Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com> on 2007/12/04 19:48:08 UTC

Camel with Spring-DM-rc1 and equinox

I am trying to load up a CamelContext in the equinox OSGi engine using
Spring-DM-rc1. I have all the dependencies satisfied, with camel-core,
camel-spring, camel-jms and servicemix's jaxb-api bundles. All these bundles
start OK.

In my bundle using the Spring-DM stuff to create a spring context I added:

	<bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
		<property name="connectionFactory" ref="connectionFactory"/>
	</bean>

	<camelContext id="camel"
				xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring"
				useJmx="false"

		<route>
			<from uri="jms:queue:test.queue.1" />
			<to uri="file://test.queue.1?noop=true"/>
		</route>
	</camelContext>

But when the bundle is loading and Spring is creating the context I get:

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
67 in XML document from OSGi
res[/META-INF/spring/bundle-context.xml|61|symName=don.sample.listener] is
invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration
can be found for element 'camelContext'.

For some reason, the camelContext element will not resolve.

Any hints?

Re: Camel with Spring-DM-rc1 and equinox

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Indeed, it works better in SW4-Kernel. I will continue to work with SW4.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I guess the same way you added spring-dm and your bundle.
Another way would be to use SMX4 Kernel which makes it easier imho ;-)

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:26 PM, cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how to add this osgi runtime inside Eclipse & Spring-DM ?
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> Did you deploy camel-spring in your OSGi runtime ?
>>
>> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM, cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Geert,
>>>
>>> We progress but another error is there now :
>>>
>>> Here is the route :   <from
>>> uri="timer://myTimer?fixedRate=true&amp;delay=0&amp;period=2000" />
>>>
>>> and the error
>>>
>>> 43org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
>>> Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML
>>> schema namespace [http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring]
>>> Offending resource: URL
>>> [bundleentry://12/META-INF/spring/camelservice.xml]

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Did you deploy camel-spring in your OSGi runtime ?

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM, cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Geert,
>
> We progress but another error is there now :
>
> Here is the route :   <from
> uri="timer://myTimer?fixedRate=true&amp;delay=0&amp;period=2000" />
>
> and the error
>
> 43org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
> Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML
> schema namespace [http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring]
> Offending resource: URL [bundleentry://12/META-INF/spring/camelservice.xml]
>

> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>>
>> Charles,
>>
>> In the Spring XML syntax, you have to replace & with &amp; in the URIs
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gert
>>
>> cmoulliard wrote:
>>> IT works now except that I have a mysterious error :
>>>
>>> <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>>>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>         xsi:schemaLocation="
>>>        http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>>> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
>>>        http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring-1.3.0.xsd">
>>>
>>>       <camelContext xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>>>  <route>
>>>   <from uri="timer://myTimer?fixedRate=true&delay=0&period=2000" />
>>>
>>> Error
>>>
>>> 43org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException:
>>> Line 9 in XML document from URL
>>> [bundleentry://12/META-INF/spring/camelservice.xml] is invalid; nested
>>> exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity
>>> "delay"
>>> must end with the ';' delimiter.
>>>      at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:390)

>> -----
>> ---
>> Gert Vanthienen
>> http://www.anova.be

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Geert,

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Charles,

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
I'm offline.
;-)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that spring can not find the schema.
Are you working online ? Or you may change the location of the schema
inside the schemaLocation attribute to
   http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring-1.3.0.xsd
which should work better, as spring will recognize it and map it to
the schema inside the jar instead of having
to go the main activemq web site.

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 4:50 PM, cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guillaume,
>
> I don't see the error.
>
> Here is the content of the example :

>       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>       xsi:schemaLocation="
>       http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>       http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">
>
>  <camelContext xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>
> My xml file is the same as this one. So, where is the mistake ?
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> Because you did not follow the example.
>> You need to add the schema to the xsi:schemaLocation attribute.
>>
>> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:26 PM, cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry but I forget also to mention that the namespece declaration that
>>> you
>>> mention does not work :
>>>
>>> <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>>>        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>        xsi:schemaLocation="
>>>       http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>>>       http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
>>>       http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
>>>       http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">
>>>
>>>         <camelContext
>>> xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>>>  <route>
>>>  <from uri="timer://myTimer?fixedRate=true&period=2000" />
>>>  <bean ref="myTransform" method="transform" />
>>>  <to uri="log:ExampleRouter" />
>>>  </route>
>>>  </camelContext>
>>>
>>>  <bean id="myTransform" class="org.apache.camel.impl.MyTransform">
>>>  <property name="prefix" value="MyTransform" />
>>>  </bean>
>>>
>>> </beans>
>>>
>>> Error :
>>>
>>> Line 9 in XML document from URL
>>> [bundleentry://12/META-INF/spring/camelservice.xml] is invalid; nested
>>> exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The
>>> matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element
>>> 'camelContext'.

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Guillaume,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>>       http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
>>>       http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">
>>>
>>>         <camelContext>
>>>  <route>
>>>  <from uri="timer://myTimer?fixedRate=true&period=2000" />
>>>  <bean ref="myTransform" method="transform" />
>>>  <to uri="log:ExampleRouter" />
>>>  </route>
>>>  </camelContext>
>>>
>>>  <bean id="myTransform" class="org.apache.camel.impl.MyTransform">
>>>  <property name="prefix" value="MyTransform" />
>>>  </bean>
>>>
>>> </beans>
>>>
>>> Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "xsi" for attribute
>>> "xsi:schemaLocation" associated with an element type "beans" is not
>>> bound.
>>>
>>> So, what are the correct namespace declarations to run Camel over

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>>                                useJmx="false"
>>>        >
>>>                <route>
>>>                        <from uri="jms:queue:test.queue.1" />
>>>                        <to uri="file://test.queue.1?noop=true"/>
>>>                </route>
>>>        </camelContext>
>>>
>>> But when the bundle is loading and Spring is creating the context I get:
>>>
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException:
>>> Line
>>> 67 in XML document from OSGi
>>> res[/META-INF/spring/bundle-context.xml|61|symName=don.sample.listener]
>>> is
>>> invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
>>> cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no
>>> declaration
>>> can be found for element 'camelContext'.
>>>
>>> For some reason, the camelContext element will not resolve.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You need to add the namespace declaration and schema uri, as spring use
strict matching, which means it mandates all the schema have a valid xsd
available.
Take a look at the xsi:schemaLocation as in the available example:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/examples/camel-example-osgi/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/camelContext.xml

On Dec 4, 2007 7:48 PM, dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com> wrote:

> I am trying to load up a CamelContext in the equinox OSGi engine using
> Spring-DM-rc1. I have all the dependencies satisfied, with camel-core,
> camel-spring, camel-jms and servicemix's jaxb-api bundles. All these
> bundles
> start OK.
>
> In my bundle using the Spring-DM stuff to create a spring context I added:
>

>        <bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
>                <property name="connectionFactory"
> ref="connectionFactory"/>
>        </bean>
>
>        <camelContext id="camel"
>                                xmlns="
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring"
>                                useJmx="false"
>        >
>                <route>
>                        <from uri="jms:queue:test.queue.1" />
>                        <to uri="file://test.queue.1?noop=true"/>
>                </route>
>        </camelContext>
>
> But when the bundle is loading and Spring is creating the context I get:
>
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException:
> Line
> 67 in XML document from OSGi
> res[/META-INF/spring/bundle-context.xml|61|symName=don.sample.listener] is
> invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
> cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no
> declaration
> can be found for element 'camelContext'.
>
> For some reason, the camelContext element will not resolve.
>
> Any hints?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/