Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Alexey <js...@list.ru> on 2016/05/06 13:35:16 UTC

Problem with getting started on Windows 7

Hi, I am trying to start Ignite on Windows using cygwin.
I downloaded Apache Ignite as zip, unzip it and set IGNITE_HOME
When I try to start Ignite from command line I see the following errors.

$ bin/ignite.sh
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineRandomNumberGenerator
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.portscanner.GridJmxPortFinder
bin/ignite.sh, WARN: Failed to resolve JMX host (JMX will be disabled):
WIN-1DIQOJOBO9G
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineStartup

$ bin/ignite.bat
Error: Could not find or load main class Files\Ignite\libs\*;c:\Program\*
Error: Could not find or load main class Files\Ignite\libs\*;c:\Program\*
Error: Could not find or load main class Files\Ignite\libs\*;c:\Program\*
"C:\Program Files\Ignite\bin\ignite.bat", WARN: Failed to resolve JMX host.
JMX will be disabled.
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineStartup
▒▒▒ ▒த▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ . . .

Could you please advise how to fix it?

Thanks.

Re: Problem with getting started on Windows 7

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Also, why not use ignite.bat - Windows native ignite node launcher?

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
>
> Please try unpacking Ignite to some directory other than "Program Files",
> so that there are no spaces in the path.
>
> Vladimir.
>
> On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Alexey <js...@list.ru> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I am trying to start Ignite on Windows using cygwin.
>> I downloaded Apache Ignite as zip, unzip it and set IGNITE_HOME
>> When I try to start Ignite from command line I see the following errors.
>>
>> $ bin/ignite.sh
>> Error: Could not find or load main class
>> org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineRandomNumberGenerator
>> Error: Could not find or load main class
>> org.apache.ignite.internal.util.portscanner.GridJmxPortFinder
>> bin/ignite.sh, WARN: Failed to resolve JMX host (JMX will be disabled):
>> WIN-1DIQOJOBO9G
>> Error: Could not find or load main class
>> org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineStartup
>>
>> $ bin/ignite.bat
>> Error: Could not find or load main class Files\Ignite\libs\*;c:\Program\*
>> Error: Could not find or load main class Files\Ignite\libs\*;c:\Program\*
>> Error: Could not find or load main class Files\Ignite\libs\*;c:\Program\*
>> "C:\Program Files\Ignite\bin\ignite.bat", WARN: Failed to resolve JMX
>> host.
>> JMX will be disabled.
>> Error: Could not find or load main class
>> org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineStartup
>> ▒▒▒ ▒த▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ . . .
>>
>> Could you please advise how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --

Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems
www.gridgain.com

Re: AW: Problem with getting started on Windows 7

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It sounds like you can use data streamer [1] for this. It will automatically
batch your entries instead of inserting them one by one.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-streamers

-Val

Re: Problem with getting started on Windows 7

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Try to unset IGNITE_HOME. It will be detected automatically by the
ignite.bat script.

-Val

Re: Problem with getting started on Windows 7

Posted by Alexei Scherbakov <al...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

I was not able to start ignite under cygwin using ignite.sh too.
I think we should check ignite.sh compatibility with cygwin.
Currently the workaround is to start Ignite from windows command shell
using ignite.bat.

> If you start the node from cygwin than use ignite.sh, if you start it from
> Windows command line than use ignite.bat. Make sure that ignite.bat/sh is
> located under C:\ignite\bin and there is C:\ignite\libs folder that
> contains different jar one of each has class for
> org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineTransformer.
>
> —
> Denis
>
> > On May 6, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Alexey <js...@list.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> > I changed the installation folder for C:/Ignite but I still have some
> > troubles.
> >
> > $ bin/ignite.bat
> > Error: Could not find or load main class
> > org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineTransformer
> > Error: Could not find or load main class
> > org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineRandomNumberGenerator
> > Error: Could not find or load main class
> > org.apache.ignite.internal.util.portscanner.GridJmxPortFinder
> > C:\Ignite\bin\ignite.bat, WARN: Failed to resolve JMX host. JMX will be
> > disabled.
> > Error: Could not find or load main class
> > org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineStartup
> > Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
> MaxPermSize=256m;
> > support was removed in 8.0
> >

> > --

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov

Re: Problem with getting started on Windows 7

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Alexey,