Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thana Letchumi <th...@ti.com> on 2003/08/25 11:55:21 UTC

OutofMemory Error

Hi ,

   I am running a simple servlet/jsp on Tomcat 4.1.18 (on Solaris
machine with 4GB mem). The application suppose to extract some data from
database but I encountered this error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError .
I don't have any traffic on the tomcat server. Is this a java or tomcat
error ?. How can I solve this problem ?.
Appreciate your advice.
Thanks

Regards,
Thana

Re: OutofMemory Error

Posted by "Venkata Srinivasa Rao, Yerra" <sr...@gipex.com>.
set JAVA_OPTS environment variable to your preferred max and min heap sizes
Example : JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xincgc -Xms128m -Xmx256m
Looking for Help : java -X

At 05:55 PM 8/25/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi ,
>
>    I am running a simple servlet/jsp on Tomcat 4.1.18 (on Solaris
>machine with 4GB mem). The application suppose to extract some data from
>database but I encountered this error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError .
>I don't have any traffic on the tomcat server. Is this a java or tomcat
>error ?. How can I solve this problem ?.
>Appreciate your advice.
>Thanks
>
>Regards,
>Thana