Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Tushar_Gandhi <tu...@neovasolutions.com> on 2008/12/31 09:26:32 UTC

Different results return for capital and small letters.

Hi,
   I am using solr 1.3.
 I am facing a problem with the ordering of the results returned by the
solr.
 Whenever I search for "cats", it is giving me the result. Nextly whenever I
am searching "CATS", I am getting same result but ordering is different. Is
this the behavior of the Solr ? Is there is any priority for searching
depending on the cases?
I want same result for both. What should I do if this is default behavior of
solr?
Is there is any problem with my indexing?
 Also, I already have LowerCaseFilter configuration for the
Thanks,
Tushar

Re: Different results return for capital and small letters.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Tushar,

Could you ask on solr-user in the future, please?
Your last sentence got cut off.  Do you have LowerCaseFilter in both the index and query-time analyzer sections?  Perhaps you should just paste that section of the config.

Otis

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hi Tushar,

Please ask your question on solr-user@lucene.apache.org.  You are much
more likely to get help there.  The dev list is reserved for
discussion on writing and maintaining the Solr code.

Thanks,
Grant
On Dec 31, 2008, at 3:26 AM, Tushar_Gandhi wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am using solr 1.3.
> I am facing a problem with the ordering of the results returned by the
> solr.
> Whenever I search for "cats", it is giving me the result. Nextly
> whenever I
> am searching "CATS", I am getting same result but ordering is
> different. Is
> this the behavior of the Solr ? Is there is any priority for searching
> depending on the cases?
> I want same result for both. What should I do if this is default
> behavior of
> solr?
> Is there is any problem with my indexing?
> Also, I already have LowerCaseFilter configuration for the
> Thanks,
> Tushar

Grant Ingersoll

Lucene Helpful Hints: