Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Se...@troika.ru on 2010/12/17 07:38:06 UTC

ServiceMix 4: JBI and OSGi

Hi there,

I have a question regarding ServiceMix 4 and its JBI and OSGi
capabilities.

It is true that when deploying JBI service assembly ServiceMix
automatically converts it into OSGi bundle which has no exports and
imports, and every JBI service unit in this service assembly is a simple
jar/zip that belongs to Bundle_ClassPath which is '.' by default?

So is it right that native OSGi bundle with multiple jars in
Bundle_ClassPath is equal to JBI service assembly with multiple service
units?

Regards,
Sergey

Re: ServiceMix 4: JBI and OSGi

Posted by Se...@troika.ru.
Jean-Baptiste, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Sergey

Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
17.12.2010 10:12
Please respond to
users@servicemix.apache.org

users@servicemix.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: ServiceMix 4: JBI and OSGi

Hi Sergey,

You are right: ServiceMix NMR wrap JBI artifacts into an OSGi bundle.

On the other hand, an OSGi bundle could work as a JBI artifact without
the JBI packaging (SU/SA) using the EndpointExporter.
So you can gather your code in one or more bundle and deploy it as JBI
using a xbean.xml containing EndpointExporter bean.

Regards
JB

Re: ServiceMix 4: JBI and OSGi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.