Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sangraal aiken <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/11 18:07:16 UTC

Top Searches

I'm looking into creating something to track the top 10 - 20 searches that
run through Solr for a given period.

I could just create a counter object with an internal TreeMap or something
that just keeps count of the various terms, but it could grow very large
very fast and I'm not yet sure what implications this would have on memory
usage. Also, storing it in memory means it would be wiped out during a
restart, so it's not ideal.

Other ideas I had were storing them in a database table, or in a separate
Solr instance. Each method has it's own advantages and drawbacks.

Has anyone looked into or had any experience doing something like this? Any
info or advice would be appreciated.

-Sangraal A.

Re: Top Searches

Posted by sangraal aiken <sa...@gmail.com>.