Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by rr...@lexmark.com on 2005/02/09 16:45:17 UTC

Are there any components that provide rich client behavior

Hi,

I am currently evaluating Tapestry for one of our applications and am
wondering if any one tried creating components that provide rich client
behavior (similar to the components provided by IBM's FacesClient). One
such component would be a table that would do paging on the client without
going to the server for each page.

Thanks,
raja.

Re: Are there any components that provide rich client behavior

Posted by Barry Books <bf...@mac.com>.
I'm working on one right now and I'll probably release the code in a week or two. It uses XMLHttpRequest to get the data and expects an XML document with the data and column defs.

You can page, sort and search the data. I've tested it on record sets with a few hundred rows and it works ok.

Barry