Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by hua beatls <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/26 19:02:39 UTC

datanodes with differenet cpus&mem

HI,
   i have some existing PC servers, which would be used to form a hadoop
cluster, among which 4 servers have 2cpu(6 cores), 96Gmemory, and another 4
have 8cpu(6ocres),256G memory. Big gap.
   can i user these 8 servers to make a hadoop cluster? any suggestion?

  Thanks!

beatls

Re: datanodes with differenet cpus&mem

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Hua,

Hadoop will spread the data evenly between all the nodes. And HBase
balancer too.

However, you can still assign more map/reduce jobs to the bigger
servers so they will try to handle more load.

Else, you can manually (or with a customed balancer) move more regions
to the bigger servers.

And even without all those modifications, you can still use all the 8
servers together.

JM

Posted by hua beatls <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,