Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tarandeep Singh <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/04 21:48:39 UTC

Stop MR jobs after N records have been produced ?

Hi,

Can I stop Map-Reduce jobs after mappers (or reducers) have produced N
records ?

For example, I am interested in finding any 5 rows in the log files that
have a specific keyword. Once I have got 5 lines, there is no need to check
other lines in the log files and thus Mappers and reducers need to be
stopped.

thanks,
Taran

RE: Stop MR jobs after N records have been produced ?

Posted by Arash Rajaiyan <ar...@yahoo.com>.
bah bah
salaam amir jaan
mibinam ke to ham be hadoop alaghe mandi :D

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.