Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nils Abegg <ni...@ffuf.de> on 2012/07/17 12:01:22 UTC

Re: Error 404 on every request

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get solr running. I got it installed and I can access the admin dashboard, but if I try to index some docs, i always get a 404 Error.
I tried it with the following URLs:
http://mydomain/solr/update/json
http://mydomain/solr/mycore/update/json
http://mydomain/update/json
http://mydomain/mycore/update/json

I have installed the 4.0 Alpha with the build-in Jetty Server on Ubuntu Server 12.04…i followed this tutorial to set it up:
http://kingstonlabs.blogspot.de/2012/06/installing-solr-36-on-ubuntu-1204.html

It seems that I get a 404 for every request wich is not related to the admin dashboard(solr/#/).

Thanks in advance for any help. ;)

Regards
Nils

Re: Error 404 on every request

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
/update/json was removed from the example configuration in 4.0 because /update now handles content based on content-type internally.  It may not be spelled out as clearly as it should be, but here's the CHANGES entry for it:

* SOLR-2857: Support XML,CSV,JSON, and javabin in a single RequestHandler and
  choose the correct ContentStreamLoader based on Content-Type header.  This
  also deprecates the existing [Xml,JSON,CSV,Binary,Xslt]UpdateRequestHandler.

Yonik added a comment yesterday because of the issue you hit.  So maybe /update/json will re-emerge in the 4.0 final release example configuration?

Always be careful when comparing blogs/articles written about one version to a different version you're using.

	Erik

Posted by Nils Abegg <ni...@ffuf.de>.
Ok, i got it working with path /update not /update/json
But it feels somewhat fishy to have solr sitting in my home dir.

Re: Error 404 on every request

Posted by Nils Abegg <ni...@ffuf.de>.
Same issue with the stock server….i followed the steps of the wiki.
XML via post.jar its working, JSON via Curl is not.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.