Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/09/23 18:54:45 UTC

slf4j dependency on an beta version

Hi,
Does anyone know why we don't just rely on slf4j-api 1.7.x?
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.logging.log4j/log4j-core/2.14.1 shows that log4j has a slf4j-api 1.7.x dependency.
I know a lot of projects have dependencies on slf4j-api 1.8.x-beta versions or 2.0.x alpha versions - these pre-releases have been around a while with little indication when the stable releases will happen. I think we should stick to slf4j-api 1.7.32 unless there is a good reason.
https://github.com/apache/poi/blob/trunk/build.gradle#L138 is where the dependency is defined

Re: slf4j dependency on an beta version

Posted by Axel Howind <ax...@dua3.com>.
AFAIK slf4j 1.7 doesn’t support JPMS. I also think slf4j is more or less dead and would welcome to move on to log4j2.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Posted by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it>.
Hi,

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.