Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by hc busy <hc...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/01 22:44:31 UTC

Re: does EvalFunc generate the entire bag always ?

well, see that's the thing, the 'sort A by $0' is already nlg(n)

ahh, I see, my own example suffers from this problem.

I guess I'm wondering how 'limit' works in conjunction with UDF's... A
practical application escapes me right now, But if I do

C = foreach B{
   C1 = MyUdf(B.bag_on_b);
   C2 = limit C1 5;
}

does it know to push limit in this case?

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I don't think it pushes limit yet in this case.

Alan.