Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2010/05/24 12:21:48 UTC

Cut 1.3.3?

Hey,

I just pushed a fix to a not so nice bug in the Python client, where I was
not handling the CLIENT HandshakeMatch value correctly (rather than
processing the response, I was sending another RPC). For anyone using a
Python client, they're sending two RPCs any time the server has seen them
before but they have not seen the server before--pretty ugly, particularly
for non-idempotent server-side operations. I would love to get a release out
ASAP so folks can avoid this error. Worth it?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Jeff Hodges <jh...@twitter.com>.
I'm going to merge those over for the ruby side.
--
Jeff

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 06/01/2010 10:59 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Java:
>
> AVRO-524 DataFileWriter.appendTo leads to intermittent IOException
> AVRO-517 Resolving Decoder fails in some cases
> AVRO-499 reflection does not handle interfaces with overloaded methods

I have merged all of these to the 1.3 branch, so Java's now good to go
for 1.3.3.

Doug

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey,

I've merged in the Python patches for 1.3.3. I'm going to cut a 1.3.3
release candidate on this Friday morning, June 4. Please merge any bug fixes
in by then.

Regards,
Jeff

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: Cut 1.3.3?

Posted by Bruce Mitchener <br...@gmail.com>.
To be clear, this would need to be a branch from 1.3.2 ... the stuff on HEAD
for Avro C is 1.4 material (in-progress breaking API changes).

 - Bruce

Re: Cut 1.3.3?