Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Mario Giammarco <mg...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/03 12:58:51 UTC

Custom page look to be designed by hand

Hello,
imagine this use case: I have an application generated by Isis. In this
application I have a very complex page that I must design manually. I mean
I cannot use the widgets layout made by Isis but I must put each widget
where I need, mimicking the look of an old printed form.
Which is the best way to do it in Isis?
Can I use a visual bootstrap editor, like Bootstrap Studio, to rearrange
html generated by Isis?
Are there better ways?

Thanks,
Mario

Re: Custom page look to be designed by hand

Posted by Mario Giammarco <mg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andi and Dan for quick replies.
I have just read the threads you suggested.
I know better now that I would like that Isis does its magic in widgets
creation so save developer time.
In my case I need to change only look of web page.
I imagined a thing like this: Isis generates a minimal web page:

And I can edit this page with a visual editor that generates css to make
the layout I need.
Unfortunately with bootstrap editing css is not enough, it would be better
to edit also bootstrap css tags.
Nowicket does a thing like that.
I repeat that I do not want to use another web framework I have tried
OpenXava, NoWicket and Isis and I do not want to go back!
I just think that Naked Objects approach covers 90% of use cases and
finding a way to reach 100% would be awesome!
Thanks,
Mario

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Mario,