Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Andrew O'Brien <an...@switchonline.com.au> on 2002/10/02 05:24:07 UTC

Re: Execute XML Query

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 07:39:56PM -0700, Powers, Dean wrote:

> I'd like to have xml data display on my pages without requiring users to
> click on a URL.
>
> Anyone know how to construct an Execute Statement which sends out a http
> request when the page is generated?

use LWP and do your own request during the normal course of your pages
execution.

If this isn't required to be perfectly dynamic then scheduling an
offline run every X minutes to put the output somewhere in your web
tree to be included in your page would perhaps be of less load.

--
 Andrew O'Brien
 Senior Engineer                       email: andrewo@switchonline.com.au.