Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 15:53:23 UTC

Re: Issues with Clients joining cluster on Kubernetes (EKS)

Hi,

I see this warning in the logs:

Local node's value of 'java.net.preferIPv4Stack' system property differs
from remote node's (all nodes in topology should have identical value)
[locPreferIpV4=true, rmtPreferIpV4=null, locId8=20c2dc57, rmtId8=699d2d8c,
rmtAddrs=[ignite-jwp-0.ignite.ignite-jwp.svc.cluster.local/10.100.78.98, /
127.0.0.1], rmtNode=ClusterNode [id=699d2d8c-a54b-4104-9f97-62d550352315,
order=1, addr=[10.100.78.98, 127.0.0.1], daemon=false]]

 so, probably it makes sense to set java.net.preferIPv4Stack property to
true on all the nodes in the cluster.

Also, it would be great to check INFO logs from server nodes, please add
-DIGNITE_QUIET=false property.

Evgenii

Posted by Roman Guseinov <ro...@gromtech.ru>.
Hi aes,

I don't know any issues related to Kubernetes which appeared in 2.7. As
Evgenii mentioned it seems there are some issues on the server node. There
is no message in 2 hours in server logs. Most likely this is related to the
environment (not Ignite).

Do you observe any issues with connectivity between server nodes? Is it
possible that you run client node outside the k8s environment? If so I would
recommend using thin clients instead. Ignite client nodes are the part of
the cluster and should be deployed in the same network and k8s namespace.

Roman

Re: Issues with Clients joining cluster on Kubernetes (EKS)

Posted by aes <st...@gmail.com>.
Interestingly, when I downgraded from 2.7 -> 2.6 the connection from the
client became much more stable. is this a known regression in 2.7? Something
that will be addressed in a 2.7.X or 2.8 release?

Re: Issues with Clients joining cluster on Kubernetes (EKS)

Posted by aes <st...@gmail.com>.
Yes I followed this guide to get started, and I have egress/ingress rules
that allow intra-cluster communication on every port that I have verified.
If discovery and communication ports werent open, I feel like the client
would have a hard time connecting after the timeout elapsed, wouldnt it?

Re: Issues with Clients joining cluster on Kubernetes (EKS)

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Yes, I know that users have deployments in kubernetes and they don't have
any issues with that. Did you follow this instruction:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/kubernetes-deployment ? Please make
sure that ports for Discovery and Communication are open in this
environment.

Evgenii

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Why there is no lines in the server log between these two:
[17:10:48,827][INFO][sys-#149][GridCachePartitionExchangeManager]
Sending Full Message for AffinityTopologyVersion [topVer=10, minorTopVer=1]
performed in 1 ms.

[19:39:58,910][INFO][disco-event-worker-#62][GridDiscoveryManager]
Added new node to topology: TcpDiscoveryNode
[id=825f1597-6bd9-4317-9344-3ee9b29be501, addrs=[10.100.111.229,
127.0.0.1], sockAddrs=[/10.100.111.229:0, /127.0.0.1:0], discPort=0,
order=11, intOrder=11, lastExchangeTime=1556825943775, loc=false,
ver=2.7.0#20181130-sha1:256ae401, isClient=true] ?

I see that client tried to initially connect at 19:38, while there is
no messages for this period of time in the server log. Any idea what
could happen there?

Evgenii