Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> on 2004/07/17 18:16:43 UTC

cforms and matrix feature addon?

I thought it over and over and came to this kind of solution:

have to change cforms it self to add this feature:

<field id="group1">
  <label>Choose </label>
  <selection-list>
   <item value="1">
    <label>label 1</label>
   </item>
   <item value="2">
    <label>lalbel 2</label>
   </item>
  </selection-list>
  <option-list>
   <item value="1">
    <label>option 1</label>
   </item>
   <item value="2">
    <label>option 2</label>
   </item>
  </option-list>
</field>

Would create table like this:
{Choose}		{option     1}		{option 2}
{label 1}		{radio value=1}		{radio value=2}
{label 2}		{radio value=1}		{radio value=2}

Should I implement it like this, or i'm going to reinvent the wheel?

Currently using cocoon 2.1.3

- Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *

Re: cforms and matrix feature addon?

Posted by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>.
Hi,

I wanted to create radio button matrix. I did not find anything in
cforms to create this, so last option was to implement it.

So, if I do implement this, what files I need to change? Atleast I have
to change forms-field-styling.xsl, but is it enough? Could some
developer give me insight?=)

Validation most likely can be done with javascript

> <field id="group">
>  <label>Choose </label>
>  <selection-list>
>   <item value="1">
>    <label>label 1</label>
>   </item>
>   <item value="2">
>    <label>lalbel 2</label>
>   </item>
>  </selection-list>
>  <option-list>
>   <item value="1">
>    <label>option 1</label>
>   </item>
>   <item value="2">
>    <label>option 2</label>
>   </item>
>  </option-list>
> </field>
>
> Would create table like this:
> {Choose}		{option     1}		{option 2}
> {label 1}		{radio value=1}		{radio value=2}
> {label 2}		{radio value=1}		{radio value=2}

as HTML this would go something like this:

and validation could be done like

<assert test="group.1 = group.2">
</assert>

or as <assert test="group[0] = group[1]"> ... don't know though yet how
to do this but it perhaps would be nice...