Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by João Saleiro <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/21 19:55:20 UTC

Issue with Webcam in Flex 4.11?

Hello,

I don't know if this is a known issue - I searched JIRA, and didn't find
anything related.
With Flex 4.11 the webcam seems not to be working.
The videoDisplay.videoObject in the example below is null, so a null
object reference is thrown.

Is this known, or should I log it?
Is there a workaround?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:WindowedApplication xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
     xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

     <fx:Script>
         <![CDATA[
             import org.osmf.net.StreamType;

             protected function video_d_creationCompleteHandler():void
             {
                 var camera:Camera = Camera.getCamera();
                 if (camera)
                     video_d.videoObject.attachCamera(camera);
             }
         ]]>
     </fx:Script>

     <s:VideoDisplay id="video_d"
         x="15" y="23"
         creationComplete="video_d_creationCompleteHandler()">
         <s:source>
             <s:DynamicStreamingVideoSource host=""
                 streamType="{StreamType.LIVE}">
                 <s:DynamicStreamingVideoItem/>