Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Hannes Erven <ha...@erven.at> on 2007/02/01 17:46:54 UTC

[patch] WS-BA Support For Kandula_1

Folks,

finally, it's there: attached is the patch with our WS-BusinessActivity
and WS-BusinessActivity-Initiator[1] Implementation (without support for
    subcontexts) for Kandula 1.
We also added some javadoc to the rest of the implementation, so there
are also files modified that are otherwise not related to wsba.

[1]:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-kandula-dev/200701.mbox/ajax/%3c45A644BA.8070708@erven.at%3e

To build, use the usual "maven" command. The resulting kandula*.jar file
will contain the new WS-BA items. Deploy as usual.

To build the ws-ba client sample and test cases, use the "ant" command
in the samples/holiday or samples/ba-testsuite .

To deploy a Coordination-Only server, use the
conf/server-only-config_with_WSBA.wsdd file and copy it over into the
WEB-INF of your axis installation and rename it to server-config.wsdd .

To deploy the participant and test services, use the
conf/server-participant-only-with-test-config_with_WSBA.wsdd file and
copy it over into the WEB-INF of your axis installation and rename it to
server-config.wsdd .

Please note that the configuration options in kandula.properties have
changed and you need to configure two separate endpoints:
- the "local" endpoint (the address peers contact this service), and
- the preferred remote coordination service address (only needed on
initiators)

The two may be identical if you'd like to coordinate your transactions
on the same server instance.

The sample application "holiday" consists of two web services - rentACar
and rentARoom - and a client swing application. The client GUI allows to
fetch car and room rental offers from web services and invite the
coorresponding participants ("add to basket"). The participants the may
be - depending on atomic or mixed outcome - be coordinated by selecting
them and clicking on the buttons. "refresh" refetches the participant
list and all state information from the coordinator.

Have fun while trying out ;-)

	Georg Hicker
	-hannes erven

PS.: for our internal references, rev#2811

Re: [patch] WS-BA Support For Kandula_1

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,
Nice work....

Please create Jira at [1] and attach your patch to the JIRA.. Make
sure to select the button  "Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF
works" ..

I hope doing that will be enough to clear the IP issues...

Thanks,
Thilina

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/kand

On 2/1/07, Hannes Erven <ha...@erven.at> wrote:
> Folks,
>

> finally, it's there: attached is the patch with our WS-BusinessActivity
> and WS-BusinessActivity-Initiator[1] Implementation (without support for
>     subcontexts) for Kandula 1.
> We also added some javadoc to the rest of the implementation, so there
> are also files modified that are otherwise not related to wsba.
>
> [1]:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-kandula-dev/200701.mbox/ajax/%3c45A644BA.8070708@erven.at%3e
>

> To build, use the usual "maven" command. The resulting kandula*.jar file
> will contain the new WS-BA items. Deploy as usual.
>
> To build the ws-ba client sample and test cases, use the "ant" command
> in the samples/holiday or samples/ba-testsuite .
>

> To deploy a Coordination-Only server, use the
> conf/server-only-config_with_WSBA.wsdd file and copy it over into the
> WEB-INF of your axis installation and rename it to server-config.wsdd .
>
> To deploy the participant and test services, use the
> conf/server-participant-only-with-test-config_with_WSBA.wsdd file and
> copy it over into the WEB-INF of your axis installation and rename it to
> server-config.wsdd .
>

> Please note that the configuration options in kandula.properties have
> changed and you need to configure two separate endpoints:
> - the "local" endpoint (the address peers contact this service), and
> - the preferred remote coordination service address (only needed on
> initiators)
>
> The two may be identical if you'd like to coordinate your transactions
> on the same server instance.
>

> The sample application "holiday" consists of two web services - rentACar
> and rentARoom - and a client swing application. The client GUI allows to
> fetch car and room rental offers from web services and invite the
> coorresponding participants ("add to basket"). The participants the may
> be - depending on atomic or mixed outcome - be coordinated by selecting
> them and clicking on the buttons. "refresh" refetches the participant
> list and all state information from the coordinator.
>

> Have fun while trying out ;-)
>
>         Georg Hicker
>         -hannes erven
>

> PS.: for our internal references, rev#2811

Thilina Gunarathne
WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/
Home page: http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
Blog: http://thilinag.blogspot.com/