Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Walsh, Richard (Richard)" <ri...@avaya.com> on 2005/03/30 18:13:39 UTC

Command line argument problem

Hi,
I am using maven to run unit tests. However, the code in the unit tests
needs a command line argument to specify the project home directory. So,
I run maven with the -D option as follows.

maven -Ddemo.home=c:\myHomeDir test:test

However, in the reports generated in the target directory the code is
complaining that the demo.home variable is not set. This means that the
System.getProperty("demo.home") is not picking up the variable.

Has anyone seen anything like this before. Is there a solution or am I
doing something wrong I also tried setting setting the
MAVEN_CMD_LINK_ARGS variable in the maven.bat file to
-Ddemo.home=c:\myHomeDir and this produced the same result.

thanks,
Richie.