Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Nitish Sharma <ni...@redhat.com> on 2021/01/11 06:53:03 UTC

Fwd: Composum access to non admin user

++
Hi All,

I am using the launchpad to run sling and would like to disable admin user
in prod. Is it possible to provide composum access to other non admin users
?

Thanks & Regards

Nitish Sharma

Re: Fwd: Composum access to non admin user

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Nitish,

On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 12:23 +0530, Nitish Sharma wrote:
> ++
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the launchpad to run sling and would like to disable admin
> user
> in prod. Is it possible to provide composum access to other non admin
> users
> ?

I am not a composum expert, but I think this is possible. There is a
global flag in the OSGi configuration 'Composum Nodes (Console)
Configuration' with which you can disable additional access checks.

Additionally, the checks are performed in [1] based on a console path
definition. For the browser part, this seems to be defined in [2].

It looks like granting read access to the various console paths should
be enough.

Hope that helps,

Robert

[1]: https://github.com/ist-dresden/composum/blob/7f795c700b6216bee04576406a760563e3eb4550/commons/src/main/java/com/composum/sling/core/servlet/AbstractConsoleServlet.java#L118-L129