Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com> on 2014/04/01 21:37:03 UTC

import csv data into couchdb document using python-cloudant module

Does anyone have a code snippet to import csv data into couchdb document leveraging python-cloudant module?
I want to check out what's available before trying to figure it out myself.

Thanks for the help in advance!
-Radhika

Re: import csv data into couchdb document using python-cloudant module

Posted by Jason Winshell <ja...@bearriver.com>.
Transform a CSV file into a JSON file with Python
http://jaranto.blogspot.com/2012/12/transform-csv-file-to-json-file-with.html

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> wrote:

> > On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Ramanadham, Radhika <
> > radhika.ramanadham@emc.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone have a code snippet to import csv data into couchdb
> document
> > > leveraging python-cloudant module?
> > > I want to check out what's available before trying to figure it out
> myself.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the help in advance!
> > > -Radhika
>
> Radhika,
>
> https://bitbucket.org/jagan/misc/src/84cefb61c86a/csv2couch.py might be
> sufficient for your needs, although a bit dated. There's enough info in
> https://cloudant.com/blog/using-python-with-cloudant/ and the newer
> https://github.com/cloudant-labs/cloudant-python/ to get up to speed if
> not. BTW I'm not a pythoneer (pythonista? pythonian?) so that's as far as I
> can help you.
>
> On 01. April 2014 at 22:08:32, Benoit Chesneau (bchesneau@gmail.com)
> wrote:
> > https://github.com/refuge-incubator/rc_csv is a direct rcouch extension.
>
> BTW Benoît, you might want to elaborate how this apparently unrelated code
> might help the OP; as far as I can tell it doesn't?
>

> As far as I can telll if you want to upload CSV on a couchdb node i

As far as I can telll if you want to upload CSV on a couchdb node without
using a  script you can do it using this extension. That if you have the
control of your couchdb node.

- benoit

Re: import csv data into couchdb document using python-cloudant module

Posted by Will Holley <wi...@gmail.com>.
If you want a couchapp / gui solution,
https://github.com/Mango-information-systems/csv2couchdb is decent and
provides options around document per row / per file.

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.
An example is a doc that contained metadata about an image and had the image itself as an attachment.

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
Thanks Matt. Will look into the links you sent.

being the lazy hack I am, I have achieved this in the past (>1 yr ago) using google refine and max ogden's refine uploader...

https://github.com/maxogden/refine-uploader/
https://github.com/maxogden/refine-uploader/#visual-example

cheers
--