Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sai krishna <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/20 08:54:37 UTC

How to make tomcat work on a remote server?

Hello,
 Im a newbie to tomcat.
 I was trying to install on a remote server. I could
 install it on the localhost perfectly I can see it
 when  I connect through lynx localhost:8080 I can see
 default tomcat page.
 But when I was trying its IP from a remote place
 http://<IP-Address>:8080
 Im unable to access it.
 Can some one tell me what could have gone wrong

 Details
 ---------
 OS:Fedora core 2
 Im using httpd2.0.54
 jk1.3-6 connector
 and in conf file I added this line

 Include /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
 and how should be virtualhost entry , adding a
 remote
 user so that I can access it from my work place
 and workers.properties
 worker.list=ajp13
 worker.ajp13.port=8009
 worker.ajp13.host=localhost
 worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

 anything more needed here. Jus let me know

 Thank You
 Sai Krishna

Re: How to make tomcat work on a remote server?

Posted by sai krishna <ho...@yahoo.com>.
I think you  I didnt make myself enough clear?

I repeat here.

 Im able to access in localhost all the jsp files and
able to run them.But when im aceesing it through
internet, I should see the jsp examples running, but
im unable to execute them.
what should I do to run them, like what should be my
server.xml configuration set to.How should I give
permissions my other java coders to upload their files
i.e how to go with workers.properties etc. Im running
tomcat and apache and tryin to access the jsp pages
through apache using mod_jk connector, but im unable
to do that?

what could be the fault?

hope im clear enough this time

Sai Krishna