Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/12 23:46:19 UTC

[ADF]Having Difficult Time to Figure Out Using the af:selectInputText Tag

This is my first time using the ADF tags.

The <af:selectInputText> is an input component that
can launch a dialog and automatically accept its
return value.

My pop-up is a data table that provides "code" and
"description".  And the selection made will be return
to the parent page and the "code" will be populated in
the input field.

First, I tested if my data table can be constructed
successfully.  Yes, I am able to use the JSF
<h:dataTable> tag to display without problem.

Second, I have adf-faces-api-10_1_3_0_4.jar and
adf-faces-impl-10_1_3_0_4.jar in my WEB-INF/lib
directory.

Third, my web.xml and faces-config.xml work well
because I was able to render JSF tags.

Fourth, I have created the adf-faces-config.xml file
with its contents directly copied from the ADF
Configuration web site.  The adf-faces-config.xml is
placed together with the web.xml and faces-config.xml
files.

Fifth, on top of my ***.jsp, I added
<%@ taglib
uri="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/faces/EA10"
prefix="af" %>
<%@ taglib
uri="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/faces/EA10/html"
prefix="afh" %>

However, the IDE says that <af:selectInputText ...> is
an unknown tag.

Besides, for the value of the "action" attribute of
the <af:selectInputText ...>, what is supposed to be
filled for the "dialog:?????"

and the compiler starts complaining that the "value"
attribute in my <h:dataTable ...> has no value!  But,
my <h:dataTable ....> worked well before I introduced
ADF.

Here is my code in the ***.jsp:

	<f:view>
		<h:form>
       		<af:selectInputText label="Sex: "
id="idInputText"

value="#{listOfValuesManagementBean.selectedGender}"
                popupTitle="Sex Types"
				action="dialog:????????????" windowWidth="300"
windowHeight="200">
			    <h:dataTable id="gender"
value="#{listOfValuesManagementBean.genderTypes}"
var="genderType">
			    	<h:column>
			    		<f:facet name="header">
			    			<h:outputText value="Code"/>
			    		</f:facet>
			    		<h:outputText value="#{genderType.code}"/>
			    	</h:column>
			    	<h:column>
			    		<f:facet name="header">
			    			<h:outputText value="Description"/>
			    		</f:facet>
			    		<h:outputText
value="#{genderType.description}"/>
			    	</h:column>
			    </h:dataTable>
		</af:selectInputText>
		</h:form>
	</f:view>

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

Re: [ADF]Having Difficult Time to Figure Out Using the af:selectInputText Tag

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
This is the wrong list.  For ADF Faces controls, you
should be posting to OTN.  This is a list for Trinidad.

As a quick hint, af:selectInputText is not going to work
in h:dataTable.  You'll need to use af:table.

For more, you should go over to OTN.  If you'd like to
use Trinidad, we can definitely help you here.

-- Adam