Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Ambarish Mitra <am...@persistent.co.in> on 2008/09/30 14:52:40 UTC

log4cxx 0.10 - make fails on Solaris 10

Hello all,

I have download the source of log4cxx 0.10, and trying to build on Solaris
10 - Sparc 64 bit.

I have done configure correctly, and the makefile was generated.

Now when I do a "make", it gives me this error, and I do not know why it
looks for libdb-4.2. Is there any dependency? What are all the dependencies?
grep: can't open /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.la

-bash-3.00$ make
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory
`/projects/installers/opensrc/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0/src'
Making all in main
make[2]: Entering directory
`/projects/installers/opensrc/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0/src/main'
Making all in cpp
make[3]: Entering directory
`/projects/installers/opensrc/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0/src/main/cpp'

/bin/bash ../../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++  -g -O2
-L/usr/local/apr/lib -lapr-1 -luuid -lsendfile -lrt -lsocket -lnsl
-lpthread  -L/usr/local/apr/lib -laprutil-1 -lgdbm -ldb-4.2 -lexpat -liconv
-o liblog4cxx.la -rpath /projects/usr/local/lib -version-info 10:0:0  -
-L/usr/local/apr/lib -lapr-1 -luuid -lsendfile -lrt -lsocket -lnsl
-lpthread action.lo appenderattachableimpl.lo appenderskeleton.lo
aprinitializer.lo asyncappender.lo basicconfigurator.lo bufferedwriter.lo
bytearrayinputstream.lo bytearrayoutputstream.lo bytebuffer.lo
cacheddateformat.lo charsetdecoder.lo charsetencoder.lo class.lo
classnamepatternconverter.lo classregistration.lo condition.lo
configurator.lo consoleappender.lo cyclicbuffer.lo
dailyrollingfileappender.lo datagrampacket.lo datagramsocket.lo date.lo
dateformat.lo datelayout.lo datepatternconverter.lo defaultloggerfactory.lo
defaultconfigurator.lo defaultrepositoryselector.lo domconfigurator.lo
exception.lo fallbackerrorhandler.lo file.lo fileappender.lo
filedatepatternconverter.lo fileinputstream.lo
filelocationpatternconverter.lo fileoutputstream.lo filerenameaction.lo
filewatchdog.lo filter.lo filterbasedtriggeringpolicy.lo
fixedwindowrollingpolicy.lo formattinginfo.lo
fulllocationpatternconverter.lo gzcompressaction.lo hierarchy.lo
htmllayout.lo inetaddress.lo inputstream.lo inputstreamreader.lo integer.lo
integerpatternconverter.lo layout.lo level.lo levelmatchfilter.lo
levelrangefilter.lo levelpatternconverter.lo linelocationpatternconverter.lo
lineseparatorpatternconverter.lo literalpatternconverter.lo
loggerpatternconverter.lo loggingeventpatternconverter.lo loader.lo
locale.lo locationinfo.lo logger.lo loggingevent.lo loglog.lo logmanager.lo
logstream.lo manualtriggeringpolicy.lo messagebuffer.lo
messagepatternconverter.lo methodlocationpatternconverter.lo mdc.lo mutex.lo
nameabbreviator.lo namepatternconverter.lo ndcpatternconverter.lo ndc.lo
nteventlogappender.lo objectimpl.lo objectptr.lo objectoutputstream.lo
obsoleterollingfileappender.lo odbcappender.lo onlyonceerrorhandler.lo
optionconverter.lo outputdebugstringappender.lo outputstream.lo
outputstreamwriter.lo patternconverter.lo patternlayout.lo patternparser.lo
pool.lo properties.lo propertiespatternconverter.lo propertyconfigurator.lo
propertyresourcebundle.lo propertysetter.lo reader.lo
relativetimedateformat.lo relativetimepatternconverter.lo resourcebundle.lo
rollingfileappender.lo rollingpolicy.lo rollingpolicybase.lo
rolloverdescription.lo rootlogger.lo serversocket.lo simpledateformat.lo
simplelayout.lo sizebasedtriggeringpolicy.lo smtpappender.lo socket.lo
socketappender.lo socketappenderskeleton.lo sockethubappender.lo
socketoutputstream.lo strftimedateformat.lo stringhelper.lo
stringmatchfilter.lo stringtokenizer.lo synchronized.lo syslogappender.lo
syslogwriter.lo system.lo systemerrwriter.lo systemoutwriter.lo
telnetappender.lo threadcxx.lo threadlocal.lo threadspecificdata.lo
threadpatternconverter.lo throwableinformationpatternconverter.lo
timezone.lo timebasedrollingpolicy.lo transform.lo triggeringpolicy.lo
transcoder.lo ttcclayout.lo writer.lo writerappender.lo xmllayout.lo
xmlsocketappender.lo zipcompressaction.lo
grep: can't open /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.la
Can't open /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.la
libtool: link: `/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.la' is not a valid
libtool archive
make[3]: *** [liblog4cxx.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/projects/installers/opensrc/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0/src/main/cpp'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/projects/installers/opensrc/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0/src/main'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/projects/installers/opensrc/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: log4cxx 0.10 - make fails on Solaris 10

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Sep 30, 2008, at 7:52 AM, Ambarish Mitra wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have download the source of log4cxx 0.10, and trying to build on
> Solaris
> 10 - Sparc 64 bit.
>
> I have done configure correctly, and the makefile was generated.
>
> Now when I do a "make", it gives me this error, and I do not know
> why it
> looks for libdb-4.2. Is there any dependency? What are all the
> dependencies?
> grep: can't open /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.la

Not directly, but APR-Util can be built with a dependency on
BerkleyDB.  How did you build apr-util?  You could specify

./configure --without-berkley-db

when building apr-util.  Haven't tried it myself.