Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by James Mao <ja...@iona.com> on 2006/10/20 11:01:43 UTC

stacktrace in fault?

I'm thinking of adding a getStackTrace()/setStackTrace into Fault
I saw in XML binding we just set the stacktrace into the message, i
don't think that is correct way.
Any idea?

-james.

Re: stacktrace in fault?

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
James Mao wrote:

> I'm thinking of adding a getStackTrace()/setStackTrace into Fault
> I saw in XML binding we just set the stacktrace into the message, i
> don't think that is correct way.
> Any idea?
>
> -james.

I don't think we should be sending the stack trace along with the fault.
We should log the stack trace on the server side and send information to
the client that there was some error processing, but shouldn't
necessarily tell them all the details.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse