Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Marc Schaaf <ma...@marc-schaaf.de> on 2010/02/25 10:33:56 UTC

dOSGi: Change the startup of the DSW to Spring

Hi,

with regard to [1] I would like to change the startup of the dOSGi DSW
from a normal OSGi activator to Spring. This way the DSW would be
started by the Spring OSGi Extender bundles which would solve an issue
with the intent map loading. Currently the intent map is only
successfully loaded by the DSW if the Spring OSGi Extender was started
before.

Are there any objections against this approach ?

Thanks,
Marc

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-66

Re: dOSGi: Change the startup of the DSW to Spring

Posted by Marc Schaaf <ma...@marc-schaaf.de>.
Thanks for the comments!

I agree with David, we already need spring for many other things.

However I would also like to have a non spring solution here but the
only other one that comes to my mind is to introduce some kind of lazy
as soon as spring is ready.
However I don't think that this is a better solution as this means that
from the perspective of a user the DSW is completely started but in the
background not all functionality is available yet.

So from my point of view the spring solution seems OK (at least for now).

Cheers

Marc

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.