Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/20 15:42:21 UTC

Log4j 2 vs. Commons Logging

Hi All,

I'd like to say that Log4j 2 deprecates Apache Commons Logging, but it
feels like a stretch.

Thoughts?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Log4j 2 vs. Commons Logging

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
That would be a gamble on the classpath order of everything. The majority
of the work I did toward the bridge was working on a way to dynamically
inject Log4j into JUL to take over existing loggers and such. However, that
may be overly complicated. Just a bit.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Log4j 2 vs. Commons Logging

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I could see a statement to that effect making it in our FAQ once we have
true feature parity, specifically a bridge to JUL IIRC (without going
through Slf4j).

Gary

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.