Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/31 05:37:15 UTC

[Archiva] Comment on Local Repository Format Reading for DefaultMetadataDiscoverer

Hi,

I'm going through the DefaultMetadataDiscoverer, and
noticed this todo:

     * @todo Note that only the remote format is
supported at this time: you cannot search local
repository metadata due
     * to the way it is later loaded in the searchers.
Review code using pathOfRemoteMetadata. IS there any
value in
     * searching the local metadata in the first place
though?

Maybe.
I'm for instance using the metadata files to build a
bigger metadata file, for either a parent project, or
the entire repository, and then using that as a target
to build RPMs with.

So there might be a scenario where someone wants to
use the plugin to build rpms for their parent project,
based on the install in the local repository, and they
may want to filter some of the metadata.

Cheers,
- Ole

Re: [Archiva] Comment on Local Repository Format Reading for DefaultMetadataDiscoverer

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry - Substitute maven-metadata.xml where I have
repository-metadata.xml.

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.