Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Shay Assulin <SH...@il.ibm.com> on 2011/02/13 15:48:47 UTC

Secondary index - keys only.

HI,

Is there a way to get only the keys of indexed rows (without getting
columns) using get_indexed_slices method?

I am using Hector to access Cassandra and I want to count rows with a
specific index - so i need to get only the keys.

I am doing the following:

n = 0

while (true) {

        indexedSliceQuery.setStartKey(    lastFetchedKey  )
        indexedSliceQuery.setReturnedKeysOnly();
        indexedSliceQuery.addFilter(  the indexed column EQ value  )

        res = indexedSliceQuery.execute();
        n += res.size();
        update lastFetchedKey
        if (size == 0) break;
}

It looks like the time it takes to get keys are just like the time it
takes to get the entire row.

Re: Secondary index - keys only.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
No.