Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by xe0nre <mv...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/15 16:03:16 UTC

Add or removed FileUploadFields dynamically

Hi,

I have a really big problem with FileUploadFields. I am trying to create a
panel that  uses a ListView . Each row contains a  Label, a FileUploadField
and two AjaxSubmitLinks styled as plus and minus buttons.
The purpose of this panel is very simple:
*Initialise the panel with a certain number of rows.(constructor)
*Use the plus and minus buttons to add or remove rows.

The ListView is added to a MarkupContainer so it could be refreshed .

My problem is that whenever I try to add or remove a row i have to add the
MarkupContainer to the target.This means every row will be refreshed.Every
FileUploadField is regenerated but looses the model.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks

Re: Add or removed FileUploadFields dynamically

Posted by xe0nre <mv...@gmail.com>.
Tried to use the code from the example.All looked great but now i am facing a
new problem.When i try to get the file from the FileUploadField it returns
null .I made sure that there is a file.I even tried with TextField...still
null. I think that. Is there a action that i need to call on the
RepeatingView to be able to get the new data from its children?

I am open to any new ideas.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

See whether http://wicketinaction.com/2008/10/repainting-only-newly-created-repeater-items-via-ajax/
is in help.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM, xe0nre <mv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a really big problem with FileUploadFields. I am trying to create a
> panel that  uses a ListView . Each row contains a  Label, a FileUploadField
> and two AjaxSubmitLinks styled as plus and minus buttons.
> The purpose of this panel is very simple:
> *Initialise the panel with a certain number of rows.(constructor)
> *Use the plus and minus buttons to add or remove rows.
>
> The ListView is added to a MarkupContainer so it could be refreshed .
>
> My problem is that whenever I try to add or remove a row i have to add the
> MarkupContainer to the target.This means every row will be refreshed.Every
> FileUploadField is regenerated but looses the model.
>
> Is there any solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend