Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Arohi Kumar <ar...@mobipulse.in> on 2013/09/03 09:24:36 UTC

Problem with using OrangeBook index

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run ClinicalPipelineWithUMLS.java (main file in the
ctakes-clinical-pipeline) using Eclipse. I keep running into

java.io.EOFException: read past EOF: RAMInputStream(name=segments)

when I am opening the index OrangeBook. It occurs at the line

iv_logger.info("Loading Lucene Index into memory: " + indexDir);
FSDirectory fsd = FSDirectory.open(indexDir);
Directory d = new RAMDirectory(fsd, IOContext.DEFAULT);
iv_indexReader = IndexReader.open(d); [THIS LINE]

Could someone shed light on where I am going wrong. Thank you.

~Arohi

RE: Problem with using OrangeBook index

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Which version of cTAKES are you running (have you checked it out from trunk or something else)?

There should be log messages stating in which directory (full path) cTAKES has found your copy of the Orange Book.

Please compare the contents of that directory on your machine with

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-dictionary-lookup-res/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/OrangeBook/

or with

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-dictionary-lookup-res/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/OrangeBook/

Regards,