Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Emery Ford <em...@choicehotels.com> on 1998/11/19 16:18:42 UTC

os-solaris/3424: apxs created shared object files aren't finding /.../apache/include files

>Number:         3424
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       apxs created shared object files aren't finding /.../apache/include files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
This seems to only affect mod_so on solaris  so far as I can tell.

No matter which module I try to create as a shared object, I get an error message pertaining to symbols referenced in one of the /.../apache/include/*.h files.  I've been looking exhaustively for a solution, but haven't found one yet...

An identical apache configuration on a Linux box with apxs-created shared object files works fine.

Thanks for apache! Emery
>How-To-Repeat:
I had difficulty with any module, so I will use the mod_example.c that comes with the Apache1.3.3 distribution:

>Fix:

>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

>uname -a
SunOS sunweb 5.6 Generic_105181-03 sun4u sparc
>gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.8.1/specs
gcc version 2.8.1
>apxs -c mod_example.c
gcc -DSOLARIS2=260  -I/usr/local/apache/include  -c mod_example.c
ld -G -L/usr/local/lib -o mod_example.so mod_example.o

>apxs -ia mod_example.so
cp mod_example.so /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_example.so
chmod 755 /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_example.so

/usr/local/apache/sbin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 28 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_example.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/sbin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_example.so: symbol ap_make_sub_pool: referenced symbol not found