Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dmitri Ilyin <dm...@gmx.net> on 2003/06/23 19:06:15 UTC

StringUtils.isEmpty(), isNotEmpty() and stringsa with some spaces

Hi,

if is use isEmpty() method of StringUtils with "   " (string with some
spaces) and isNotEmpty() with the same string i get true from both methods,
becouse isEmpty trims the parameter string and isNotEmpty doesn't.

I think it is not OK.

regards

Dmitri

Re: StringUtils.isEmpty(), isNotEmpty() and stringsa with some spaces

Posted by Reinhard Nägele <re...@mgm-edv.de>.
This behavior is specified in the JavaDocs. However, I also think this
is not really consistent. Any thoughts?

Reinhard