Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "uzeb@voila.fr" <uz...@voila.fr> on 2001/06/15 19:18:54 UTC

jre or jdk

I use a apache1.3.9, tomcat 3.2.2 and the mod_jserv.so module :
I only want to run servlet not jsp!
Should I get JDK or only jre?

Just because the URL http://localhost:8007 give me :
HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken
java.io.IOException: Stream broken
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)

Is the http://localhost:8007 a JSP
Thanks
Voila vous propose une boite aux lettres gratuite sur Voila Mail:
http://mail.voila.fr

Re: jre or jdk

Posted by Michael Jennings <so...@home.com>.
Bonjour!

The only thing tomcat needs out of the JDK is the tools.jar file. If you
take a tools.jar
file from a JDK and put it in your CLASSPATH, you can use a JRE to launch
tomcat.

The problem with the 8007 I don't know. I think by default tomcat listens
on port 8080. The thing to do is make sure tomcat works on port 8080
then try to get it working with apache.

Hope this helps!
-Mike