Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kamalanathan Raman <Ka...@infosys.com> on 2007/02/19 14:08:03 UTC

javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException when Trying to send mail using Geronimo 1.1.1 - Reg

Hi ,

Iam using Geronimo 1.1.1 .Can any one help me in resolving the following
issue, iam trying to configure a mail session and send notification
mail. But when I try to run my application it throws this particular
error. Iam not able to figure out what it suggests, Your valuable
suggestion is invited.Thanks in advance for your reply.

2007-02-19 18:32:54,601 ERROR com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
-sendNotification(...):MessagingException

javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: Unable to locate provider for
protocol: smtp

      at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(Session.java:227)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:336)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:366)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:65)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:46)

      at
com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(SendMail.java:171)

      at
com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(SendMail.java:92)

      at
com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(RunEDSService.java:411)

      at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(RunEDSService.java:338)

2007-02-19 18:32:54,617 INFO  com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
-sendNotification(...):exit

2007-02-19 18:32:54,617 ERROR root -main[]:Unable to locate provider for
protocol: smtp

javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: Unable to locate provider for
protocol: smtp

      at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(Session.java:227)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:336)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:366)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:65)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:46)

      at
com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(SendMail.java:171)

      at
com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(SendMail.java:92)

      at
com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(RunEDSService.java:411)

      at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(RunEDSService.java:338)

Thanks and Regards,

kamal

Re: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException when Trying to send mail usingGeronimo 1.1.1 - Reg

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
This looks like it should be correct.  However, I'm puzzled by the
stacktrace you included in your original email.  From that trace, it
doesn't look like your mailing code is running under geronimo.   How are
you invoking that code?

Rick

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.