Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Bentley <da...@hermod.qsicorp.com> on 2004/01/26 22:23:33 UTC

[users@httpd] 1.3, 2.0, and Mandrake

Background: upgraded Mandrake 9.0 to 9.2.  Auto-install process installed
Apache 2.0 as part of the 'upgrade,' 'cept for the fact that it failed to
also install all the needed modules at the same time.

Now, our working version of 1.3 is still on the machine, with working
configs and the whole nine yards.  I could -swear- that there is a
mechanism provided by Mandrake (or some other source, I don't know) to
easily switch between Apache versions 1.3.x and 2.0 installed on the same
machine.  However, I haven't been able to find it via. web searching or
mailing list archives.

And so I'm asking ya'll, in the hopes that I can find a knowledgable guru
with the Mandrake experience.  I will be migrating the server from 1.3.x
to 2.0, but in the meanwhile I'd just like to back off to 1.3.x so I can
have time to work on 2.0 (rather than hastily slapping something together
that 'just works').

--
Daniel Bentley - Network Technician, QSI Corporation (www.qsicorp.com)
"Exploits care not whence the clicks come..."