Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/12/10 19:32:25 UTC

Agenda of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-11

See [1] for call and IRC information.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/woden/dev/index.html#Weekly+Status+Call

Agenda

1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2007-12-04 -  Lawrence will create a wiki page with thoughts on the
assertion API.

2007-12-04 - Arthur will review Tomi Vanek's WSDL pretty printer
contribution.
Arthur (via dev list): I have looked at Tomi's code and asked him to
insert the Apache Licence before I commit it.

2. Milestone 8 (M8) Status - John Kaputin

3. Graduation from Incubation - Lawrence Mandel

4. Development Discussion - All

5. Other Business - All

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Re: Agenda of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-11

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
In fact we might be able to do this from ws.zones.apache.org - thats the
machine that runs our snapshot build today using continuum and publishes the
snapshot up to the incubator maven2 snapshot repo for Axis2 builds to use.
Since that build is built with Maven2 it might be possible to change our
pom.xml to deploy the http / xsl files to somewhere on
ws.zones.apache.orgitself.

Jeremy

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Tomi,

I understand that your site uses the W3C XSLT server. I regard your site
as a service to end users. What I was proposing is that we simply build
the all-in-one xslt and publish it at a durable, public URL. Then anyone
who wants the latest copy can simply reference it. Your site could
reference the Woden site to get the latest version.

People should be able to insert an stylesheet processing instruction in
their WSDL documents and reference the Woden hosted version of the viewer.
Then the brower should be able to transform the WSDL without using the W3C
service. Can you see any reason why that wouldn't work?

Arthur Ryman, PhD, AoT, DE
Process and Portfolio Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"tomi vanek" <to...@vanek.sk>
Sent by: tomi.vanek@gmail.com
12/17/2007 12:15 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Agenda of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-11

Arthur,

Well - I do not host any service per-se - I am using w3c WSLT service for
creating the HTML - so the 'service' is just a link (concatenated by
JavaScript):
http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xslt?xslfile=http://tomi.vanek.sk/xml/wsdl-viewer.xsl&amp;xmlfile=http://api.google.com/GoogleSearch.wsdl&amp;transform=Submit

This is a nice feature if somebody accidentally comes around and wants to
see what the XSLT does / if it works for him. So the only think we really
need is a nice intuitive permanent address for the XSLT.

One more think to consider: the current version is modularized into more
XSLT files, but for the end-user it could be easier to handle an
all-in-one version. This version is concatenated by an ant + xslt (in
java/wsdl-viewer/build) and zipped into a download-package. So the master
maven task could include also the wsdl-viewer ant task into the continuous
integration job...

tomi

On Dec 17, 2007 5:11 PM, Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

Lawrence,

I wasn't planning on hosting a service like Tomi, just publish the xslt at
a durable, public place where people can reference it.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, AoT, DE
Process and Portfolio Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
12/10/2007 09:28 PM

Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
jpjhughes@gmail.com
Subject
Re: Agenda of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-12-11

What about including an automatic publish in our release process? That way

we will update the service when we release a new version of the WSDL
pretty printer.

Lawrence

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
12/10/2007 02:23 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
jpjhughes@gmail.com, woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by tomi vanek <to...@vanek.sk>.
Arthur,

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Arthur,

I misunderstood.

We can create a release process for Tomi's XSLT (so it's clear when it's
updated) like we have for the Woden parser. In the case of the XSLT we
simply need to tag it, version it, upload it to our distribution
directory, and create a link from our downloads page.

Lawrence

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
12/17/2007 11:11 AM

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.