Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gladstone <es...@onecornerstone.com> on 2009/02/19 20:35:43 UTC

Re: Displaying the source of an event

I am actually completely stuck on a problem that would be solved by being
able to get the component id in this fashion.

I am implementing a form.  The form uses an ajaxformloop to add/remove
fields.  The fields are <select> elements.  What's more, I am using the
@OnEvent mixin + javascript to make one select dependent on the other.  This
dependent select approach works fine outside of the ajaxformloop.  The
problem happens in the javascript function called.  It is impossible to know
which <select> fired the onChange and consequently which dependent <select>
to update.  The rendered <select> elements have a generated unique id.  If I
could determine in the javascript function which <select> fired the on
change OR if I could stick that id in the parameter of this function, it
would work.

I am REALLY desperate to get this to work in the ajaxformloop, as I have a
deadline.  Anything someone could tell me that would help would be VERY much
appreciated.

As a side note, I have used Tapestry since T4.  I love it immensly, and love
T5 even more.  Fantastic work to Howard and everyone who builds and
maintains it.  I find it weird that the Ajax/javascript implementation seems
incongruent to how smart T5 is.

Thanks in advance