Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/30 19:10:59 UTC

Tomcat enables setlocal on Windows_NT and will not see setenv variables

I use setenv.bat to point tomcat to my JRE and set some other options.
However, when running on an OS that returns Windows_NT from the OS
environment variable, Tomcat sets all of the batch files to setlocal.
Therefore, when setclasspath.bat is run, it doesn't see any of the variables
that were set by setenv.bat  Now I know I could set them globally for the
machine or user, but I'd rather not do that.  I also don't want to edit the
tomcat bat files to turn off the setlocal commands.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the reasoning behind the setlocal
is in the first place?

Any advice would be appreciated.  TIA.

Bai Shen

Re: Tomcat enables setlocal on Windows_NT and will not see setenv variables

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I feel silly now.  I jus realized that XP returns Windows_NT from the
OS variable.  And my Tomcat install works fine in XP.  So it's apparently
something besides the setlocal.  Which leaves me back at square one.  :(

Any suggestions?