Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/12 00:52:17 UTC

New version of site - please upload

Hi Sig,
Nour reported that you and he worked together got our current site
uploaded, and told me off-list that you had volunteered to do the upload
going forward?

If that's right, then could you do a new upload of the site - I think I
have the issues with the broken links sorted out, as well as adding some
new content on the module index pages.

If you have the bandwidth, could you do this asap? I'm sure our
currently broken site won't be impressing anyone who might land upon it.

If you haven't got the bandwidth, then I'm happy to do the upload
myself, but I don't have permissions and would need them granting.

Thx
Dan

Re: New version of site - please upload

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Good point, this is why I asked for the session [1]  so we all know
what is going on in the build system and see how it can be enhanced.

[1] - http://markmail.org/message/xmdwfe3usgxpqywi

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nour,
That sounds like "beyond the call of duty".

If your internet is flaky, perhaps someone else should step in to
volunteer to do this?  I'm very happy to do so myself (though I'm not
sure if I'm eligible to do so, though.)

Related, when I logged in I saw that I didn't have permissions to write
to the dir under /www/... because it was rw-r---r-X to your account.
Sig (who I presume would be eligible) reported the same.  I'm guessing
that your umask is setup incorrectly? how is permissioning meant to work
here?  Should it perhaps be rw to the isis-committers group? that'd let
any of us do this work.

Thx
Dan

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nour,

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hey Dan...

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Dan :) for both clarifying this point and accepting the
session request :D.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 3:34 PM, dan haywood

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by dan haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
One question though, why in most of places you use the offline build
option of Maven ?

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
OK I am doing it now :)

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nour,

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hey all...

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hey all...

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard mentors :P

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by dan haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Nice to see you here, James.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
heh, welcome james ;)

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.com>.
ROFL - and I thought I'm the only mentor on the Apache planet not signing up to the dev list and wondering why the project is so inactive -...

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by dan haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
@Sig -  no probs

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Dan,

sorry for disappointing you but I'm currently doing my homework and have
to become a part of the incubator PMC ... :-) ... currently no file
permissions

 From the Apache Isis folks the following persons have access rights