Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/27 20:28:50 UTC

[MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

I am trying to run Mustella on Chris' Win 2008 server.  I tried a couple of
tests to see if things work.  I did run it 3 times and it fails always.

Peter/Alex, can one of you help out?

Here is what I am running:

Administrator@WIN-2LPF6H9B0Z1 /cygdrive/c/apacheflex/mustella
$ ./mini_run.sh tests/Formatters -addArg=-includes=Localhost8080

Here is the console output:

<... snip>

desktop_runner:
     [echo] **** Willkommen auf Runner ****
     [java] starting results server
     [java] starting baseline server
     [java] test script count: 2
     [java] new test file:
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
     [java] ******** cmdArr before:
     [java]
C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
     [java]
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
     [java] ******** moreParameters before:
     [java] ******** cmdArr after:
     [java]
C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
     [java]
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
     [java] getting directory from the swf file
     [java] derived directory: C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs
     [java] Launching:
     [java]
 C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
Launching:
C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
     [java] USING directory: C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs
     [java] time: 11:23:47.794
     [java] starting the baseline server: Wed Feb 27 11:23:47 PST 2013
     [java] Firing Meta Timeout for process start after 12000 millis at:
11:23:59.837
     [java] clobberProcess true
     [java] ClobberProcess, destroying process
     [java] unpacked result:
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf  Failed
Timed out 0 Wed Feb 27 11:23:47 PST 2013 0.0
     [java] Total Results so far: 1
     [java] Grab log, do parse = false
     [java] Grabbing the log from: C:\Users\Administrator\Application
Data\Macromedia/Flash Player/Logs/flashlog.txt to:
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.log
     [java] Grablog: never saw the ScriptDone for
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
     [java] new test file:
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf
     [java] ******** cmdArr before:
     [java]
C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
     [java]
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf
     [java] ******** moreParameters before:
     [java] ******** cmdArr after:
     [java]
C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
     [java]
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf
     [java] getting directory from the swf file
     [java] derived directory: C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs
     [java] Launching:
     [java]
 C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf Launching:
C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf
     [java] USING directory: C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs
     [java] time: 11:23:59.931
     [java] Firing Meta Timeout for process start after 12000 millis at:
11:24:11.943
     [java] clobberProcess true
     [java] ClobberProcess, destroying process
     [java] unpacked result:
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf  Failed
Timed out 0 Wed Feb 27 11:23:59 PST 2013 0.0
     [java] Total Results so far: 2
     [java] Grab log, do parse = false
     [java] Grabbing the log from: C:\Users\Administrator\Application
Data\Macromedia/Flash Player/Logs/flashlog.txt to:
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.log
     [java] Grablog: never saw the ScriptDone for
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf
     [java] at the end of main
     [java] Shutting down the results server
     [java] shutting down the baseline server
     [java] done waiting for results...bye
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 0
     [java]     Fails: 2
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]
     [java] =====================================================
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passed:
     [java] =====================================================
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Failed:
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf  Failed
Timed out
     [java]
C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\Formatters_Main.swf  Failed
Timed out
     [java]
     [java]
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 0
     [java]     Fails: 2
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]
     [java]
     [java] Wrote summary to results.txt
     [java] Wrote failures to failures.txt

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex. Finally all checkintests passed. I've started to look at TLF
tests. I see that they are Flash Builder projects. Will see if I could run
them.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex Committer
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Seems like someone hit this before.  I have to stop for the evening, but
maybe the archives will have the answer, or maybe the simplest is to add
those string to MustellaResultsParser.java so it ignores them.

IIRC, you have to run in the en_US locale and this output might mean you
don't have localhost or you have port restrictions.  Not sure.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I know that is in there, but I'm not sure why I'm not seeing it.
How/where does it show up in the console output?

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
MustellaResultsParser should have ignored those and reported success.  Did
it report failure?

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I'm just trying to figure out how it works.

Probably yes Justin I should run TLF tests but now I hope to resolve this
problems and later I'm going to run mustella by mini_run.sh.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex Committer
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I think I saw some tests in the TLF repo, but I've never tried to run them.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
There's something wrong with your setup, like mm.cfg is not in the right
place or configured correctly so flashlog.txt isn't being output in the
expected place.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> I've fixed some bug in sdk. Now I would like to run mustella tests, so based
> on point 7 (Bug fixing) from wiki I should run chackintests??

Run checkin test first by doing:
ant checkintests

The mustella tests can be run from the mustella directory using mini_run.sh but you generally only want to run a subset of them - what was the fix for?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys!

I've fixed some bug in sdk. Now I would like to run mustella tests, so based
on point 7 (Bug fixing) from wiki I should run chackintests?? I did it and
all tests theoretically passed but at the end I got this error

http://images.devs-on.net/Image/1yFAdwWTMkGLa5uS-Obszar.png

I don't see anything specific. Is this error mean there is something wrong
with MustellaResultsParser class?

I think probably is something wrong with my configuration...

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex Committer
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
I figured out where the problem came from.  The wiki page for Mustella [1]
has the wrong path for the location of the trust cfg files.  I was blindly
following along and was misled - even though I had fixed the same issue on
the Apache Jenkins server a while ago :-)

The correct path is:
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#Security\FlashPlayerTrust\flex.cfg

and not:
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer#Security\FlashPlayerTrust\flex.cfg

I will go ahead and fix the Mustella wiki page.

Thanks for the help, Alex!

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Mustella+Overview

Regards,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
I do have the trust file here:

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
> [...]

>>>      [java]

C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_>>
>>> a_debug_32bit.exe
>>>      [java]
>>> C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
>>>      [java] ******** moreParameters before:
>>>      [java] ******** cmdArr after:
>>>      [java]

C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_>>
>>> a_debug_32bit.exe
>>>      [java]
>>> C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs\DateFormatter_Main.swf
>>>      [java] getting directory from the swf file
>>>      [java] derived directory:
>> C:\apacheflex\mustella\tests\Formatters\SWFs
>>>      [java] Launching:
>>>      [java]

C:\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_>>
>>> a_debug_32bit.exe

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [MUSTELLA] Help diagnose Mustella failures

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
[...]

mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[C:\apacheflex\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\preloaders\Preloader.as:550]

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.