Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/14 11:56:18 UTC

axistools-maven-plugin, namespace mapping and axis 1.2.1

Hi,

I try to use the axistools-maven-plugin with namespace mapping and axis
1.2.1 :

- axistools-maven-plugin:1.0 : uses axis 1.2.1 but does not handle namespace
mapping,
- axistools-maven-plugin:1.1 : I am able to configure the namespace mapping
but it uses axis 1.4 and it's not possible to change the axis dependency to
1.2.1 (cf. [1]).
- axistools-maven-plugin:1.2-SNAPSHOT : in order to be able to change the
axis version, Nicolas De Loof change the groupId org.apache.axis to axis
(cf. [1])

Unfortunately, even if I use this configuration it still does not work (I am
using maven 2.0.7) :
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>axistools-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>axis</groupId>
                    <artifactId>axis</artifactId>
                    <version>1.2.1</version>
                </dependency>
            </dependencies>
            <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>generate-sources</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>wsdl2java</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <serverSide>true</serverSide>
                            <useEmitter>true</useEmitter>
                            <mappings>
                                <mapping>
                                    <namespace>my-namespace</namespace>
                                    <targetPackage>mytarget</targetPackage>
                                </mapping>
                            </mappings>
                            <wrapArrays>false</wrapArrays>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

The build is successful but axistools-maven-plugin still use axis 1.4 as we
can see in the following trace :

[DEBUG]     org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed -
nearer found: 1.1)
[DEBUG]   axis:axis:jar:1.4:runtime (not setting scope to: compile; local
scope runtime wins)
[WARNING]
    Artifact axis:axis:jar:1.4:runtime retains local scope 'runtime'
overriding broader scope 'compile'
    given by a dependency. If this is not intended, modify or remove the
local scope.

[DEBUG]   axis:axis:jar:1.2.1:compile (removed - nearer found: 1.4)
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo '
org.codehaus.mojo:axistools-maven-plugin:1.2-SNAPSHOT:wsdl2java' -->

I don't know what I can do now.

Rémy

[1]
http://archive.mojo.codehaus.org/scm/20080122140010.D59541620005@codehaus01.managed.contegix.com

Re: axistools-maven-plugin, namespace mapping and axis 1.2.1

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For information, I think I found the solution.
It seems that it comes from the issue
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2972.  It is fixed with maven 2.0.9.

Rémy