Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Hadoop <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/07 12:57:29 UTC

Re: How to write a matrix multiplication program in C ++ using Hadoop?

I do not see any code at the link :
and when I tried to register to login, I got following the error message:

Errors: Your session has timed out

I have found this link at Haoop web site:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Matrix?highlight=%28matri%29
but it does not solve my problem for three reasons:
1-The code is for shared-memory architecture but I am looking for a code for
multicomputer (commodity cluster) architecture
2- The code generate random numbers for the matrix but I am looking for a
code to read the inputs form text files and write the result to a text file
3- How can I write the code in c++ and run it on Haoop?

Posted by edward yoon <ed...@udanax.org>.
Additionally, matrix package code isn't for shared-memory.
Also, If you can put the matrices data from text file to Hbase, you
can use the matrix multiplication map/reduce code.

--
B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.

Re: How to write a matrix multiplication program in C ++ using Hadoop?

Posted by Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by edward yoon <ed...@udanax.org>.
Sorry, i closed that issue, And matrix work in progress.

See also http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/

Thanks.

On 2/7/08, Hadoop <ha...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I do not see any code at the link :
> and when I tried to register to login, I got following the error message:
>
> Errors: Your session has timed out
>
> I have found this link at Haoop web site:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Matrix?highlight=%28matri%29
> but it does not solve my problem for three reasons:
> 1-The code is for shared-memory architecture but I am looking for a code for
> multicomputer (commodity cluster) architecture
> 2- The code generate random numbers for the matrix but I am looking for a
> code to read the inputs form text files and write the result to a text file
> 3- How can I write the code in c++ and run it on Haoop?
>

> edward yoon-3 wrote:
> >
> > Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-2515
> >
> > On 1/26/08, Hadoop <ha...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> How can I write a C++ program that reads two text files (MatriX1 and
> >> Matrix2),
> >> multiplies the two matrices, and writes the result in a text file
> >> (Matrix3)
> >> using Hadoop?
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > --