Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hendrik Daldrup <He...@t-online.de> on 2002/01/23 21:02:40 UTC

mod_ssl

hi there,

i use mod_ssl on my appache sys,
but now it tells me all the time i try to restart or configtest, that
all the SSL-commands are unknown to mod_ssl/apache
example:

#SSLVerifyClient none
#SSLEnable

#SSLCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/xxxx.crt
#SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/private/xxxx.key
#SSLLogFile /var/log/xxxx.com
#UserDir public_html

every time i uncomment those lines, apache wont restart.
why doesnt mod_ssl/apache understand those lines?
they r included in the VirtualHost dir of that account, or do they
belong someplace else?

files exist and log file tells me, that:
 Ops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!
 You have to perform a *full* server restart when you added or removed a
certificate and/or key file

thx

hendrik

Re: mod_ssl

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Hendrik Daldrup wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i use mod_ssl on my appache sys,
> but now it tells me all the time i try to restart or configtest, that
> all the SSL-commands are unknown to mod_ssl/apache
> example:
>
> #SSLVerifyClient none
> #SSLEnable
>
> #SSLCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/xxxx.crt
> #SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/private/xxxx.key
> #SSLLogFile /var/log/xxxx.com
> #UserDir public_html
>
> every time i uncomment those lines, apache wont restart.
> why doesnt mod_ssl/apache understand those lines?
> they r included in the VirtualHost dir of that account, or do they
> belong someplace else?

It would appear that mod_ssl is not loaded. If you think you compiled it
in, do "./httpd -l" to see if it is loaded. If it is supposed to be
loaded by DSO check you have a LoadModule directive for mod_ssl.

Once you get it working, you might like to consider joining the more
specific mod_ssl users mailing list: http://www.modssl.org/support/

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.